Thursday 20 January 2011

ZipR® Trim Flower

Do you like the unusual? My new FREE Project on my website is for a very unusual flower made from what looks like one half of a zipper. Called ZipR® Trim and available in 6 colours. You may use ZipR® Trim as a piping and trim, or cut and form into shapes such as flowers and leaves for dimensional appliques. This is fun and makes a great corsage or embellishment on the front of a bag - all the rage today!


Can anyone tell me what kind of bird this is please?
They have made their home along the banks of our dam and no-one here has seen them in this area before.  Extremely long legs, so obviously quite accustomed to the water and maybe have settled here after all the rain we've received in recent months.
 











As I said, we've had more rain here than we've had for years - isn't it lovely to see everyone sharing their happiness in the water, swimming or muddling around?  There must be 40 ducks living there at present time, lots of little babies.










When John harvested the Lucerne Crops recently, it disturbed the Hares making their home there.  I captured one oblivious to my presence though I have zoomed in on him.  Looks healthy, doesn't he?  Amazing what I'm finding on my walks around the lower part of our property.  The very early mornings are just magical.  I love living in the bush.  The birds are music to anyone's ears.  I've seen White Cockatoos, Pink & Grey Galahs, Kookaburras, Crimson Rosellas, Budgerigars and the usual Magpies, Crows, Pidgeons, Sparrows and some I don't know about.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, seems you have some black winged stilts there according to Google images. I also looked at Wikipaedia, and they are migratory. Perhaps the wet weather elsewhere has sent them to you? Hope you see chicks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine, I shall tell John too. Yes, they do have some chicks but I've not been able to take a photo of them since the adult birds circle around me squealling with concern about my presence. Judy

    ReplyDelete