Thursday 2 August 2012

Melbourne Craft & Quilt Fair

Home from a great show in Melbourne and about to head off to Canberra.  Both are Craft & Quilt Fairs where I can meet so many of you and share education of our products and hopefully, lots of inspiration.
We were extremely busy on our stand and demonstrating on the Nifty Notions stand that I really didn't get much chance to look around on your behalf and report. However, I DID make the effort to snap some photos of a new kaleidoscope quilt by Leonie West called "Radiance".  I saw her quilt at the AQC this year and warmed to it immediately. 


Leonie used 56 x 7" Kaleidoscopes and these surrounded a 15" Kaleidoscope centre feature.  Westalee Design Rulers have a new product called "Border Control" which should be available for sale shortly; it was used for the borders of this quilt.  The Setting Triangles were made with the Westalee Adjustable Setting Triangle 2" to 6".


There are four Kaleidoscope Sets in the Westalee range, but this quilt was made using the 8 point Kaleidoscope set.   Congratulations Leonie, a beautiful quilt.  By the way, the fabric used is called "Under the Australian Sun".

Sandra Chandler, the inventor of the Curve Master presser foot for sewing curves with absolute ease and precision, was once again my guest demonstrating the Curve Master.  Some of our Online Course Curve Master students stopped by to say hello and receive some individual tuition.  One was Margaret Knights who also brought two show-and-tells from her lessons.  We proudly wish to share her triumphs with you.


The Dresden Plate is all pieced and even the centre circle is sewn in using the Curve Master foot. 

The Hearts and Gizzards Quilt is also all curved pieced.  So easy, when using the correct tools and foot.  Congratulations Margaret.

I have a new tablet and was showing off to Gary, the show organizer, who was interested in all the mod cons it boasted.  Along came another Exhibitor so he showed him how the camera worked and said "smile" and snap to prove how easy it all was.  Said it was a nice photo and I should share it with you, so here's my end of the bargain.  My "Asus" and I are firm friends already!


I wasn't smiling so much when we loaded to come home as Reece and John were in the front of the van and I volunteered to sit in the not-so-squeezy little room left on the back seat.  Note that the boxes were to the roof and all strapped in so as no movement.  Truly, I had my feet on the trolley in front of me and couldn't see other than out the side window.  They reckoned I had to put up with it since it was my fault I had so much "stuff".  I was not the most popular wife on the planet. But then, I'm used to those HIM remarks. One needs to have a sense of humour.  The day is coming my friends when I can't take the kitchen sink to the show stand and you will need to pre-show order and collect on our stand. 
Having said that, the first FOUR customers to place an Online Paid Order for collection at the Canberra Craft & Quilt Fair next week, will have a FREE Entry Ticket mailed to them.  Online Order, Phone or Email an order for collection at the show but payment MUST be made prior to the show.  We have a full day's demonstrations happening every 30 mins on the Into Craft Stand too.  All our Nifty Notions and this is proving so very popular as is more personal than the larger Seminar Rooms.  Glad you like the idea.

Please visit www.intocraft.com.au because a NEW Craft Community Newsletter has been uploaded only late this afternoon.  My monthly topic is a review of HEAT Press Batting Together which has taken the quilting world by storm.  I know you'll love it.  Click here to read my column.

Look at the reason why John wasn't at the show last week.  40 new little emu chicks with more hatching each day.  Aren't they so fluffy and cuddly?





SEE YOU at CANBERRA CRAFT & QUILT FAIR next week.  
9th - 12th August 2012
Or, maybe at the CRAFT & SEWING SHOW at NEWCASTLE the following week.  16th - 19th August.
Remember too, we are travelling to New Zealand for the HAMILTON CRAFT & QUILT FAIR - 6th - 9th September.  Plus, I have a hands-on class from 3.30pm to 5.30pm on Thursday 6th September in which you will make a scarf using Stick Weaving and a beautiful Kanzashi Brooch.  Email me for further details and to enrol.
Place any special orders for ANY of these three shows coming up asap.  The benefit? No postage cost and you still gain your Punch Rewards for Online Orders!


1 comment:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. best sewing machines

    ReplyDelete