Monday 2 June 2014

Last of Winning Quilts from Quilt West WA

I wish I had have taken more quilts for you to see from the Craft & Quilt Fair in Perth late May, so these will be the last of the winning quilts I snapped; however, my next post will show you some that didn't win a prize but took my fancy.

FIRST PRIZE in the SMALL QUILTS - PROFESSIONAL 
was awarded to JAN ROWE 
for her quilt "THERE'S A RAINBOW IN MY GARDEN"

Jan said "Rainbow Lorikeets were accidentally released into Perth's western suburbs. Now they are a threat to native parrots, competing for food. Similarly, many introduced garden flowers may become a threat to our flora if left to grow wild. An original design."
 40cm width x 100cm height

BEST USE OF COLOUR was awarded to 
JUDY CAMPBELL for her quilt "MY JOURNAL".
Judy said "Each piece of fabric represents a place or a person and the variation in quilting stitch represents a state of mind at that time. An original design."
190cm width x 190cm height
The BERNINA AMATEUR ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD 
was won by KASIA SHEGEDIN 
for her quilt "TRIANGULAR SOLUTIONS".
Kasi said "This quilt was inspired by seeing an Alex Anderson quilt. I used 28 different coloured fabrics and it was a lot of fun creating both blocks and the border. An original design."
135cm width x 146cm height
(reminds me of licorice allsorts)

In my next post, I shall include the colourful display of 
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
I hope you are enjoying, particularly, all my viewers from overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment