Wednesday 4 June 2014

Christmas in May at Perth's Quilt West 2014

My last post re the quilts on display at Quilt West WA at Perth's Craft & Quilt Fair at the end of May.
Members of the 2014 Quilt West Committee put together a display called "CHRISTMAS IN MAY" to inspire viewers to be creative and start making quilted 'things' for their next Christmas.
It was a fun display showing the use of quilts in the home setting at that special time of the year.

I found it absolutely delightful and I congratulate everyone involved. 
Indeed a show stopper!
Allow me to share with you.



LIKE THE DISPLAY?
The following did not win awards, but they took my fancy for one reason or other.


OWLS are IN! Everyone loves OWLS these days (or frogs) so it is no wonder that I was attracted to the whimsical OWL TABLE RUNNER made by Lana Lefroy.

Lana said "Inspired by the owl fabric, my love of circles and our very large table. To make it textural and interesting I used a variety of techniques, from facings to foundation piecing. This is an original design."
46cm x 206cm
The following quilts were ones I shared with my Students in the Curve Master Online Course currently being held, so as they could see more quilts using techniques we have been studying.
"ROAD TO THE PINK PUB" made by ELIZABETH HUMPHREYS 
illustrates "A wonky drunkard's path to the Old Pink Pub at Whim Creek which is so often hit by cyclonic winds. An original design."
123cm width x 190cm height
"DICED CIRCLES" was made by HELLEN STRATTON
Helen said "Sample quilt trying out the applique and cut circles method to create an easy drunkards path. Adaptation from method by Carolyn Swarts 'Hip Hop' in a quilting magazine."
112cm width x 140cm height
"NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON'T" made by BARBARA MORKEL
Barbara said "The Winding Ways quilt block created circles with the placement of lights and darks - this inspired me to make a quilt using floral scraps from previous projects. An original design."
163cm width x 186cm height
Different colourways of these curved quilts I share with my online students gives them more inspiration for their lessons.
You may join us if you wish.
CURVE MASTER ONLINE COURSE is half way through, but you may still join until mid-June only.
I hope you've enjoyed your visit to Perth over these past postings.
In a few weeks I'll be at the CRAFT & QUILT FAIR in MELBOURNE
SEE YOU THERE!  STAND A11 
plus the Nifty Notions Stand opposite


2 comments:

  1. Loved the curved circle quilts, should do the curvemaster course again, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effie, once you've enrolled for one year, you never have to pay for a second or third course of the same name, just keep going for no more dollars! Wonderful offer, so why not? Judy

    ReplyDelete