Tuesday 18 May 2010

Fabulous Fabrics

I'm in Perth this week to attend the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre from Wednesday 19th May until Sunday 23rd May, daily from 9.00am to 5.00pm.  If you're visiting, make sure you stop by Stand A01 and browse our products, watch ongoing demonstrations on our stand, say Hi to Sandra Chandler from USA who will be demonstrating her own invention, the Curve Master Presser Foot, attend one of our Daily Seminars, make a Ruched Flower in our Craft Circle Class, view ever so many beautiful quilts and other displays. 
Any ONE of these should encourage you to attend. 

I arrived in Perth a few days earlier to conduct two Pre-Show Classes.  One for the Australian Sewing Guild at Belcatta and one for a wonderful Textile Art Group at Mandurah, south of Perth.  Both days were thoroughly enjoyable and it was great catching up with so many friendly faces.  Thank you to all who organized these days and to those who attended.  An especially BIG thank you to Gabrielle & Tony who picked me up from the airport (with my dreadfully delayed arrival) and to Prue and Grahame who were my hosts as they so very generously offered to allow me to stay with them for three days.  Prue was an absolute gem who chauffered me from place to place and we became instant friends.












I was absolutely over-awed though with two beautiful fabric shops Prue so kindly took me to.  Never have I seen fabrics like I goo-gaahed over.  Any would be quite at home at the Oscars or on a Parisienne Catwalk!  If you're ever in Perth, you simply MUST visit Chris Hearn's Shop at Balcatta called "Fabulous Fabrics".  It is the BEST dress fabric shop I've seen with fabrics to die for.  The model wearing the black dress in her instore display is simply a panel of fabric - one seam up the back and you have a dress!  Amazing.  Look at all the 3D little "flaps" of fabric all over the panel.  I could have purchased many a piece, but settled for these amazing two tone ribbon roses for a new black and white top I have.  There are other coloursavailable too.

Then we went to Belinda Sutton's "Beautiful Fabrics" at Innaloo, another absolutely delightful lady who has scrumptious dress fabrics too.  Everyone says good dress fabric shops are very hard to find if many exist at all, but ladies, these are two MUST VISITS.  Some of the girls in my Sunday class didn't know these shops existed, so maybe many others who live in Perth weren't aware of the treasure trove on their own doorstep.  I spotted a black belt which was exactly like one I'd just demonstrated how to make using Fasturn Turning Tools in my two sessions mentioned above! 

http://www.fabulousfabrics.com.au/          http://www.beautifulfabricswa.com.au/

BOTH SHOPS DEFINITELY WORTH A VISIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment