Wednesday 30 June 2010

Fibre, Yarn & Fabrics

If you didn't attend the Textile Art Festival in Brisbane last week where the theme was "Alice in Wonderland", then you missed the biggest treat of the year with the wondrous "things" people dream up of creating with Fibres, Yarn & Fabrics. 

All I can say is WOW!  My mind is still boggling with inspired notions racing full speed in my head.  Definitely make a promise to yourselves and attend next year!  Many fabulous artists created wearable art ensembles in the "art u wear" section as visitors entered the main display area.  Too many people to acknowledge, so here are a few photos I took to whet your appetite for next year - theme of which has already been decided.
Here is the Welcome and Guest List entry to the adventures of Alice in Wonderland.




Then there was the amazing knitting and the absolutely brilliant works of art created with knitting needles -nothing at all like how Grandma or Mum taught us.
My absolute favourite was a dress by Teresa Dair of "Dairing".

Here's a close-up for you...........

Next post, I'll show you some of the clever teapot cosies.
Recently a customer wrote thanking me for showing some photos of the AQC as she had never imagined what it was like, living outback and never likely to visit; so, I hope you all enjoy the images I've captured here for you.  I'm sure there would be more on http://www.textileart.com.au/

Just a reminder, I leave on Monday for the Hobart Craft & Quilt Fair, so if you need something special, please order by Friday 2nd July please.

No comments:

Post a Comment