Monday 25 October 2010

JUNIOR QUILTERS FROM QUEENSLAND

Travelling home today from a very successful Craft & Quilt Fair held in Brisbane last week.  No doubt you Queensland girls are enthusiastic and so eager to learn about new products.  I was asked in one of the Craftalk Panel discussions I was participating in at 12.30pm daily if there was a difference between the shows in each State?  I was proud to be able to say that this was my 21st consecutive year in attending shows in Qld. as an Exhibitor and I'd always found that Qld. liked bright colours more and were more flamboyant with their choices and so very keen for new ideas and products.  Maybe it's to do with the warmer, sunnier weather?  I thank you and also to everyone who asked how were the floods at The Rock and sorry for those to whom I missed on chatting to - John couldn't remember everyone's names but he did pass some messages on.
What was also impressive was the display of quilts made by our junior quilters - they need all the encouragement and recognition possible to keep their passion growing.
With some of my own grandchildren owning horses and being involved with Pony Club, I"m sure they would love this quilt.

Erica-Ruth Murary won the Non-Professional Junior Primary School award for her quilt "Horsing Around".  Please note this is "JUNIOR Primary School" so she is very young indeed.  How proud she must be!  If anyone knows this little quilter, please contact me as I'd like to congratulate her personally and offer her something.

First Place in the Non-Professional Senior Secondary School was won by Chelsea Pilgrim for her "Bali Curves" quilt.

I am sure you can view all the quilts from the show on the website of the Queensland Quilt Guild.

Off to Adelaide's Craft & Quilt Fair next week, full details on their website and also later this week in my Newsletter and on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment